Monday, March 21, 2011

Glasses

First pair of eye glasses: age 44.  Not priceless.  $20 and not yet convinced they are worth it.

I finally took the optometrist's advice and bought some +1.00 reading glasses at Walgreen's.  So naturally, I had to try them out this evening.  I found the typeface was larger and with more crisp edges, but reading with the glasses made me a little nauseous.

I read my mystery novel for about 30 minutes, half with glasses and half without.  I wonder if glasses take some time to get used to, like Val's contacts. Or maybe I should give it another 6 months or a year before I try reading with glasses again. 

Although I had time to run tonight, I chose to give my legs and hips a break.  Instead, I walked about 35 minutes; probably just under 2 miles.  The weather will be getting worse this week, so I hope I can stay on target with the training.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good going to 44 without glasses....must have great genes, along with a very smart set of "business clothes" I am sure : - ). I have had glasses since 5.....soooooo, I am at the other end of the gene pool. (careful with those comments : - ) Great tenacity getting out with this crazy weather for training.

    ReplyDelete