Monday, March 7, 2011

Ants and our first iPod

After work today, I ran 4 miles in 39 minutes exactly.  Seriously.  I know that sounds nearly impossible, but I clicked the watch to stop and 39:00 was the actual time displayed.  I ran inside on the RPAC track because I was in a hurry.  I worked late and had to pick up Jason after swim team practice, which gave me less than an hour to get changed, find a locker, and run.  I guess that's one way to force myself to do a speedy workout.
 
I spent all evening working on my daughter's new iPod touch - an early birthday gift and congratulations gift for her hard work and dedication to qualifying for State Junior Olympics in swimming.  She's thrilled.

Val's room has those [insert bad words here] pavement ants again.  They are getting in through the brick.  The kicker is that we pay a service to stop such things from happening and Ken is not a happy camper about it tonight.  To rub salt in the wound, Val won't sleep in her room, so she's sleeping with me tonight and Ken is on the couch or in Val's room or in a basement bedroom.  I guess that's some serious incentive for getting the service out here ASAP to get rid of these ants.  This happened about 4 years ago and was terrible.  I can't believe they are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment