Monday, March 14, 2011

Short run on a nice day

Today I had a short run planned and I knew I was up for it.  I came home after work and, thanks to daylight savings time, had plenty of time to change, run 3 miles (33:18), shower, and eat - all before dark.  I may even get this post done before night falls.  How about that?  I never thought I'd be so happy to lose an hour. 

Unlike this weekend, I didn't have too much of an inner fight to get out on the road today.  My mile splits were 11:26, 10:31, and 10:20, which illustrates how I felt while out there, too.  I started a little tight but loosened up and got moving better as I went along.

I'm not sure what caused the difference in motivation and attitude between this weekend and today.  Perhaps it's a mental thing about putting in a long run.  I was supposed to run 10 miles this weekend.  I think my dread multiplies by 2 for every mile that's scheduled longer than 4 miles, though I don't know why.  I didn't have any trouble with 6 miles last night and could have easily run several more.

Send positive motivation vibes to me on Wednesday.  I'm scheduled for 7 miles with 3 of of them as speed work. I'm hoping for terrific weather and lots of time on my hands.  Yea, right.  Dream big.

No comments:

Post a Comment