Monday, September 20, 2010

Ran Saturday

Saturday I ran 4 miles with the run-walk-run method at 3 minutes running and 1 minute walking.  My miles were 11:02, 10:56, 10:55, and 11:05.  I wasn't nearly as fast as last week.  I also walked most of a 5th mile at 15:25.  My 5K was 33:40, I think.

It's been a good weekend with lots of family time and time to clean the house and read a book.  I even found time to attend the swimming officials' recertification meeting today. 

I didn't make time to run today, Sunday, though.  I know I should have done so.  I had the time, just not the desire, I guess.  I know that doesn't make much sense since I was really ready to get out there - and I really enjoyed the run on Saturday. 

My hand has been swelling a lot the last couple of days.  I don't have the custom glove back yet, so I wrapped it in the finger/hand wrap and the ace-type bandage to run.  After the run, my swelling was about at 4 out of 10 and most of the weekend it was a 3 or 4 out of 10.  I wrapped it some of the weekend, used my un-custom compression glove with the bean bag in it some of the time, and some of the time I left it unwrapped.  The bean bag glove seemed to make the most difference.  It brought down the swelling in my hand but left my knuckles swollen.  My middle finger has been worse than my pointer finger this weekend, which is unusual. 

I hope my compression glove arrives tomorrow.  I hoped I'd see it in the mail on Friday, but no such luck.  I think I'm having swelling problems because of cyclical reasons and now would be the most important time to have some effective compression defense.  I expect it to be a problem throughout the week and into the next.  I guess I'll keep using whatever I have handy to keep on top of the swelling.  From a fitness standpoint, I should have run today.  However, not running was probably wise from the Lymphedema point of view. 

1 comment:

  1. Its all about balance Kelly ..... running ..... family....time for Kelly....health.....work. You know what makes sense to you and what feels right. Sometimes you need to just pause and rest and balance. Enjoy the moments.

    ReplyDelete