Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Morning run

I did the walk/run/walk thing this morning before work.  With the 3 minute run to 1 minute walk ratio, I did a 5K in 32:35.  My miles were 10:41, 10:48, and 10:14.  I followed with at 10 minute walk to cool down.  My allergies were really acting up this morning.  Drainage mostly, but was somewhat annoying during the run.

On Monday, the PT agreed to send back the custom glove and ordered one with a REALLY loose wrist band.  I hope this idea works.  The wrist part will be a full inch larger than before.  Since I didn't have the glove this morning, I ran with the full manual wrap on this morning.  It's a two layer process that involves wrapping my hand and each finger separately with a thin cloth strip and then wrapping an ace-type bandage over my hand and up my arm to my elbow.  It worked well.  My swelling today is between a 2 and 3 out of 10, even right after the run.  I didn't wear a glove all day after that. The back of my hand is a little swollen.  My fingers are actually very good today.

We've been busy with the kids' volleyball games, homework, and our school year flex work schedules these days.  One of us is home when Jason gets off the bus at 3:45.  To accomplish that, our work schedules have been adjusted from the summer schedule to the school year schedule.  I really value that flexibility! 

No comments:

Post a Comment