Saturday, September 4, 2010

Beautiful weekend

Last evening, I must have done something to my back and ended up having spasms.  The troubled places were higher than I've ever experienced, just under the shoulder blades.  Anyway, I had planned to run this morning before heading over to Dayton to visit Michelle and her family.  When I woke up, I knew the plan was tenuous at best, but I decided a walk on a beautiful 60 degree, sunny day was worth the attempt.

I suprised myself though, I started with a 1 minute walk and then ran 3 minutes.  I continued walking 1 minute and running 3 or 4 minutes for the duration of a 5K, which I finished in 33:30.  My miles were 11:05, 10:40, and 10:18.  I walked the cool down for a total of 3.46 miles.

I wore my new lymphedema glove, which I was amazed to find in the mail yesterday.  It's okay.  Still too tight around the wrist, but the wrist part is longer this time, so I am folding it up to a cuff and that makes it a little better.  I suppose I should go in and show it to the PT folks again.

My index finger swelled a little when I ran, but not bad.  I'd give it a 3 out of 10 today.  My hand is pretty good, but my index finger is swollen above and below the middle knuckle.  I'm going to wear the glove off and on today to see how it goes.

Tomorrow we are headed to the Renaissance Festival with Michelle's crew.  I'll probably have to wear the glove the whole time we're there because of the sun and heat.  Although, it's not too hot and humid now, so it might not be as Lymphedema-unfriendly as I expect. 

I hope you're having a wonderful labor day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment