Monday, September 27, 2010

Anniversary is this week

Tomorrow I'm headed to the HR Technology Conference.  Last year, I was at this conference when I learned I had breast cancer.  Between sessions, I called the James Cancer Center at OSU to learn the results of my biopsy.  I fully expected to hear good news.  I did not.

Although I had no idea what was ahead of me, I knew it was something I needed to journal about and share with others.  I credit thought leaders at the HR Technology Conference and podcaster Steverunner as my inspiration to join the world of social media contributors.  When I returned from the conference, I started this blog that very weekend. 

On Thursday, I plan to post an anniversary blog post.  As you can probably tell, I usually write my blog posts in one sitting, often without edits, sometimes with a spell check but usually without.  For this anniversary post, though, I've already written a couple of versions.  I don't know why it's important to me to mark this date, but I guess it is.

1 comment:

  1. It's important because it is a huge deal in your life! You've been through an incredible ordeal over the past year and should be proud of the strength and perseverance that you've shown throughout. So blog away, run, eat chocolate, dance around your yard naked... whatever feels like the right thing for you on that significant day.

    ReplyDelete