Sunday, September 26, 2010

5K in 31:50

I'm writing two posts on my blog today.  I got home from grocery shopping and was still in such a high from my swim today (aren't endorphins great?), that I just had to get out and run.  The weather was perfect: 60 degrees and dusk. 

So, I ran a 5K in 31:50 and that included taking the 1 minute walk breaks after every 3 minutes of running.  My miles were 10:22, 10:29, and 10:07; followed by a 5 minute walk cool down.  I was pushing during the run, but it felt great.  Actually, when I first started running, my lats hurt from swimming and I thought, "Hmmmm, is this such a great idea?" But I got over that pretty quickly and loosened into what is a very good pace for me.  Yea!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kelly, you really got the energy going today!! Swim, run....throw a bike in there and you will be the triathlon queen : - ). Great to hear you out there and supporting the kids the way you and Ken do so much!!

    ReplyDelete