Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Addiction to 10-something

Hi.  I'm Kelly and I'm addicted to "10-something."

Tonight I ran on the RPAC track while the kids were at swim team practice.  I put in 6 miles in 63:39 using a 3 minute run to 1 minute walk ratio throughout.  I felt sluggish, although I was encouraged because my calves didn't hurt or feel tight.  My lower back was tightening up, however, and is now pretty sore (evidence of tight hamstrings, no doubt). 

The "10-something" addition (first recognized in the Jan 1, 2011 post) becomes obvious in my splits which were 10:59, 10:39, 10:38, 10:37, 10:32, and 10:11.  How likely is it that I really ran a 10:59?  Hmmmm.  Not likely.  I actually clicked the lap button a second or two early when I saw I was going to miss the "10-something" split on the first mile.  Sick, I know.  Or at least very silly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment