Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Earlier in the week, I saw that it was supposed to warm up a bit (highs in the mid-30s), so I planned to run outside today.  I even laid out my running tights, stocking cap, gloves, jacket, etc. Then I woke up at 7am to freezing rain.  Dang.  I am so tired of running on the RPAC track.  I was determined to start running outside again, regardless of the weather.   Well, I guess I wasn't that determined.  I dressed for the track AGAIN.

I slowed down intentionally today.  I started with a 2 minute walk and then ran 3 minutes and walked 1 minute pretty much throughout 8 miles.  I finished in 1:32ish and my miles were 12:19, 11:28, 11:44, 11:51, 10:33, 11:16, 11:25, and 11:41.

The freezing rain just stopped and now it's snowing.  I won't complain about the snow, though.  It's not like we're in Chicago or New England.  I can see the grass in our yard.  The streets are slick today, but not narrowed by mounds of snow.  Val still had swim team practice this morning.  And Jason had his basketball game.  We've got it easy here in central Ohio. 

My grandmother, Dorothy, has her 89th birthday tomorrow.  Happy Birthday, Grandma!  She reads my blog - what a hip grandmother I have!

1 comment:

  1. Good going Kelly.....slow down for the long runs, but get out there. The longer runs do not need to be fast to be beneficial. Its more the "duration" of the run. Count it as success. I will try to run tomorrow, but probably inside too....getting rain, sleet snow and yes, we have the "New England" snow issues. Today, I dug a trench around to the back of the condo to clean off roof and icicles. The snow was up to my waist. Grass? Is that what is under the white stuff? Happy Birthday Kelly's grandma!

    ReplyDelete