Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thursday and Sunday

On Thursday, I ran while Val was at swim team practice.  I wimped out and ran inside on the track because it's cold outside now.  I know it's not too cold to run outside this time of year (20's and lower 30's), but I'm really a fair weather runner.

I decided to run a 5K and then stretch a bit, so I ran the whole thing instead of alternating running and walking.  I did the 5K in 29:41!  That's fast for me.  My miles were 9:40, 9:42, and 9:16.  I was winding down very quickly the last half mile, at least, but I hung in there.  Then I stretched for 30 minutes which was really helpful because my back has been acting up from tight hamstrings, IT bands, and hips.

Today Val had a birthday party all afternoon, so I only had the hour that Jason was at swim practice to get in a run.  I ran inside on the RPAC track again (cold, snow, and lack of time were all factors in that decision).   I put in 4 miles in 40:23 using the run 3 minutes and walk 1 minute method throughout.  My miles were 10:13, 10:04, 10:05, and 10:01.

My back is still bugging me a bit and needs stretching.  I'm headed to volleyball tonight which might make it better or worse, I have no idea. 

The great news is that my hand has significantly reduced in swelling.  The Lymphedema was running a self-reported 5 or 6 on a made up 10 point scale.  I'd say it's down to 2 or 3 today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment