Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5 miles yesterday

I put in 5 miles on the indoor RPAC track yesterday. 

Using the run-walk-run method (3 minutes running to 1 minute walking), I ran the distance in about 53 minutes.  I wasn't really speedy, but it was a good run and I'm glad I went the longer distance instead of stopping at 5K (3.1 miles).

My running has been very inconsistent lately, which is evidence of the kids' inconsistent attendance at swim practice.  We've been busy with holiday concert practice and performance, extra hours at work, basketball, homework, swim meets, and Christmas shopping and planning.  It's the same for everyone right now, I'm sure. 

In addition to the time crunches, winter has hit us hard.  It has been snowy and in the single digit temperatures every morning this week.  Even before these insane temps, it was too cold outside for a fair weather runner like me.  I look for upper-30s and sunny before I get excited about running outside.  So I've been inside when I have been able to put in any miles. 

The kids made it to swimming tonight, but Ken took them.  I had to stay late to get a bunch of work done.  I have deadlines to meet before I go on vacation to Salt Lake City for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment