Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Vacation starts today!

I'm now on vacation until Jan 3, 2011.  Yea!  Work has been insane lately and I certainly can use the down time.

With the extra hours at work and holiday preparations, I've really let my running slide significantly.  On Sunday, I played 90 minutes of volleyball, but other than that, I haven't exercised in a week.  Yikes!

Today I got in a 5K on the indoor track at RPAC while the kids were at swim practice.  Tomorrow, I'll be taking them to practice too, so I may be able to run again.  It seems like it always works like this for me:  I can't squeeze in a run for days and then I have several days in a row when I have the time and opportunity.  It's the perfect recipe for injury. 

To be safe, I stopped at 5K today even though I had time and energy for another mile or two.  My miles were 10:11, 10:18, and 10:06, but I had a few minute break between the first and second mile (off the clock) to stretch and work out the kinks before finishing the run.  I also took about 20 minutes after the run to stretch and do a little ab work before picking up the kids. 

Steverunner is talking about doing a relay running event in Boston and I'd really love to go.  We'll see if he has room for another "poco" runner and if I can make the date they pick.  It would be really cool to do that.   

1 comment:

  1. Go get'em Kelly. It would be very cool for you to run in Boston. You have talked a lot about Steve's motivation for running and his podcasts, so it would be very nice for you and Steve to get together. He seems to be as much about meeting friends as running. Hope it works out for you. Boston can be a fun place to run.

    ReplyDelete