Thursday, December 30, 2010

From Valerie

Hi everyone!  It's Val.  I'm taking over Mom's blog for this post.  I would just like to start out by saying that this is my first time on a blog and to post something world-wide.  So I hope everyone likes it.

I would like to tell everyone that being an early teen is great, fun, exciting, cool, and amazing.  Sadly, that's not exactly correct.  Sure there are times where those things are true, but other times it's the exact opposite. 

Being 12 and a half, I've had lots of experiences.  One of them being friends.  I've learned that some friends are real, and others give you fake compassion.  Some friends will always be there for you and like you for who you are, others, not so much.  But let me tell you, that even when you get into fight with a friend, try to be the better person and try to make things better.  I have lots of great friends, and we always have each other's backs.  I'm very grateful to have friends like them.

Another experience that I've had is, life with my bro Jason.  Sure we fight sometimes, but we still love each other.  One time when we were real little, I hurt his feelings and wrote a note to him and tapped 4 quarters to it.  We've been getting along alot better in the past couple months.  We're starting to understand each other better.  Even though he can get on my nerves, he's my bro and I love him.

Just recently I've learned that in 5 more years (not counting this year) I'll be graduating High School and getting ready to go off to college.  In 5 years my childhood is over and I start early adulthood.  I have to admit that I'm pretty nervous going out on my own into the world.  No.  Wait.  I won't be alone.  My friends and I have been talking and we all are planning to go to Ohio State University.  Well, I already had my college picked out for me since I was a baby.  See, both of my parents work at OSU on Campus, so I get 75% off the price if I go there.  I want to though! They've got a great facility and a good amount of classes.  My brother and I swim on a swim club there called OSSC or Ohio State Swim Club, so we're on Campus a lot.  Going out into the world will be scary but fun.

I got to go now. Thanks of reading my post and I hope everyone liked it.  I might write another time.  By the way, "when life gets tough, the tough chose to go on".  That is a quote from some where, but the next one is one that I made up and it sums up this post.  'Life is an adventure, for which I am up for'.  Thank you again!!! Bye!!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous job Val - I'm proud of you!
    - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope my children are as insightful as you when they hit the teens. I'm scared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, my dear -- you are wise beyond your years! Loved reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Val-as always, a wonderful and insightful writer! I'm so proud of you:)
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll always be there for you!!!!!!!!!!!


    One of your BFF's
    Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valerie- I enjoyed reading your blog! You are a very wise 12 and a half year old. I know your mom is very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post Val. I enjoyed it a lot!

    -cousin Brian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val, I just got to read your post as I missed it being out of town. You've got one on your Aunt, I've never done a blog before! I loved reading it. So true about what you said about friends, and hey, I didn't get along with my brother all that much until he went away to college :-) Stay strong sweetie, and I'm always just a phone call away if you ever need to talk or anything.
    Love,
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete