Sunday, November 7, 2010

Insane weekend

Friday night wedding reception for Ken's trainer at the gym; a good time had by all.

Saturday and Sunday mornings (and Saturday late night) we had to work on a major school project for Val.  Then in the afternoons and evenings the kids had a swim meet and I officiated.  Val improved her time on 50 free, 200 IM, and 200 free.  Jason improved his time on 50 free, 50 back, 100 IM, 50 breast, and 100 free.  Both kids had some major time drops, too.  Val dropped 12 seconds on her 200 free.  Jason dropped 8 seconds on 100 free and 13 seconds on a 50 breast.  Usually time improvements are less than a second. Even 3 seconds is a big time drop. 

The competition at this meet was fierce compared to most meets we've attended in the past.  The top 4 or 5 heats of each event had very little difference between the swimmer times.  Val was close to the top 25% in 50 breaststroke and 50 free and in the top 40% in 200 free.  She was about in the middle of the pack for the other events.  Jason is only 9 in the 9/10 age group.  He was in the middle of the pack for every event but when we look at only 9 year olds, his stats are quite a bit better.

It was a tiring weekend and now my week looks just as bad.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I'm book solid all the work day, including meetings over lunch.  Thursday we have off for Veteran's Day.  I'm looking forward to that day off! 

I didn't get any formal exercise in all weekend.  The dancing on Friday night should count for something though; as should being on my feet for 7 hours officiating the swim meet.  I hope I get to run tomorrow during swim practice, but I have a 4:30pm meeting, so I might not make it to RPAC with time to run.  We'll see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment