Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Great 5K

I was able to run while the kids were at swim practice tonight.  Since it was dusk already, I kept to the stadium and ran around it 6 or 7 times to get in a 5K in 30:50.  I didn't watch the clock at all, but I heard the beeps as my Garmin counted the miles.  Later when I downloaded the stats, I learned my miles were 10:00, 10:05, and 9:55.  That's really good for me!  I set out to run just the 5K, so I didn't walk at all this time.  I ran the full 5K, which included 6 little but steep hills and was otherwise flat.  The weather was perfect too; sunny/dusk and upper 60's. 

After running, I stopped off at the weight room and did about 20 minutes of upperbody work - some benching (just the bar), biceps, and triceps. 

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day and OSU is closed.  The kids have the day off, too.  I'm really looking forward to sleeping in.  Ken was talking about maybe going to the Hocking Hills area for a hike.  At some point, we should also begin some planning for Thanksgiving.  We are looking forward to a large group of family and friends celebrating with us at our house this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment