Sunday, November 14, 2010

10K in 1:07:22

I did another 10K this week, but it was a minute slower than a few weeks ago.  Today my miles were 10:50, 10:58, 11:07, 10:54, 10:41, and 10:57.  My 5K was 33:50 and I hit 10K at 1:07:22, so I was fairly even paced for each 5K.  I did a walk-run-walk pattern at 3 minutes running and 1 minute walking throughout. 

On Thursday, I put in 3 miles, but I walked most of it.  I was nervous about running 3 days in a row, especially given the fast 5K I put in on Wednesday.  I think it was a smart decision.  I wish I had gotten out to run a little on Saturday, but we spent the day at OSU.  We went to the OSU Marching Band's Skull Session before the game and then hung out with friends.  It was a beautiful day.  I probably walked 3 miles or more at OSU, so I suppose that should count for some exercise.

If I was more consistent with my training, I'd increase distance or speed, I'm sure.  However, my life schedule is anything but consistent, so I'm doing what I can, when I can.  Besides, I'm not a very effective "maintenance" type person, so my personality doesn't lend itself to the daily run routine, either.

We're headed out in a few minutes to put in 90 minutes of volleyball.  My legs certainly are getting a great workout today.  I'll probably be a step slower on the court tonight because I was pretty tired after my run.  Also, my knee was acting up a bit toward the end.  Hopefully all the parts will cooperate tonight and I'll have a good game.

Ken is tired too because he spent the day cleaning and doing home repair/upgrades on our basement.  He sanded some length off two very heavy solid core doors and painted the stairs.  Aside from taking the kids to swimming, buying Jason a Beyblade stadium, and running, all I got done was cleaning the oven and I did most of that last night.  Oh well. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend with family and exercise. You do not give yourself enough credit for getting runs in with all you have going on!
    Good for you....and Ken is right there with you putting lots of energy into the house....then off to volleyball together.

    ReplyDelete