Wednesday, November 17, 2010

5 miles and ended strong

Work has been getting me down lately, so it was great that I got out to run this evening.  Though it was getting dark by the end, I was glad I decided to run outside.  It was a bit chilly today, so I broke out the running tights for the first time this year.  I wore a long sleeved t-shirt and gloves and a hat.  The gloves came off before I finished the first mile and the hat lasted just a few minutes longer. 

It turned out to be a good run.  I was surprised during my last 15 minutes or so because I got in a zone and felt like I was running with momentum.  I usually feel like I'm forcing myself along in an ungraceful fight against gravity and the urge to walk.  But toward the end of the run I was just gliding right along.  And it wasn't just downhill, either; most of it was flat but I also ran up a couple small hills. 

My miles today were 10:39, 10:38, 10:47, 10:01, and 10:13.  I could have run a couple of miles further at least, but it was already dark and time to cool down, get a shower, find something to eat, and then pick up Val from swimming. 

By the way, I'm impressed with the food at RPAC.  It's semi-healthy and very good.  Tonight I had a Mexican style salad with a full grilled chicken breast on it.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment