Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beach running

I've been doing a little better running lately.  I put in 7 on Saturday, 1.5 on Sunday, 3.1 on Tuesday, 2 on Thursday, and 3ish today (Saturday).  That's a pretty good week for me as of lately.  It's nothing compared to what I was running when training for the half, but the past 8 days I ran probably more than I've run in some recent months.

Today it was hot. Very hot. It was only mid-eighties when I went out to run, but I haven't run in weather like this in a long time.  And there was very little shade or breeze.  Next time I'll remember that mid-80's is summer weather and I should run earlier in the morning or later at night.  10am was not a great time to go out for a jog.

By the way, I'm in Florida right now and ran half of my run today on the beach. I know that sounds romantic and everything, but I learned that it's not easy to run on the beach.  I found that I rely on solid ground to push off and propel forward.  In absence of ground, it's a totally different experience. Also, there is no shade on the beach.  Although I'm glad I gave the beach a try, on the way back I decided to forego the great gulf view and trotted back on pavement.  It was a good thing I did since it was time for us to get "out and about" by the time I arrived.  I know I had to have been faster on the second half of the run than the first.  I didn't actually track my distance today, but it was probably 3 miles in about 35 minutes. 

Happy Easter, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter, Kelly! Hope you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete