Monday, April 12, 2010

3 x 1 mile

I got out for a run today and did 3 miles.  Well, actually, I ran 1 mile three times.

My first mile was 11:01 and I had to stop at the end of the mile to try to stretch out a cramp in my left calf.  I shouldn't be surprised because my feet cramped twice last night and all I did was flex my toes to bring it on.  I drank lots of water today but it must not have solved the problem.  The stretching didn't completely loosen the cramp, but after a minute or two, I took off again because I was on borrowed time.  I had to pick the kids up from CCD and couldn't dilly-dally.  The time spent stretching was off the clock.

My second mile was 10:48 and I finished it right before coming upon a house I needed to check out for my parents.  I walked slowly by the house and probably burned another 2 or 3 minutes there.  The time spent gawking was off the clock. 

My third mile was 10:09 and was uneventful.  I was pushing the pace a bit since I knew it was my last mile because I had to get to church to get the kids. 

So, though not a continuous run, it certainly was better than yesterday.  I didn't have a tough time getting out there and I didn't want to stop every 100 feet.  It was actually a nice day for a run. 

I should stretch tonight.  We have to do taxes, though.  I wonder if I can do both.   

No comments:

Post a Comment