Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Steverunner

I had a tough day at work, running from meeting to meeting and having a difficult conversation followed by introspection about how I handled it.  To add to the tough day, I had to rush out of my least meeting to get the kids to swim practice. 

The positive part of it all is I got to run while the kids were at swim team.  The challenging part is I didn't do that well out on the pavement.  I ran 3.1 miles in about 33:20, but I stopped the clock when I got a phone call (Ken checking on if he needed to pick up the kids from swimming) at 1.5 miles.  I was hurting pretty bad already at 1.5 and took the interruption time to get my heart rate down and to stretch my back which was tightening up.  I was probably stopped for 2 minutes.  I also walked maybe 30 seconds at 2.5 miles because I was wiped out again.

My miles were 10:30, 10:28, and 11:26.  I didn't watch my pace while running, so I suppose my problem was going out too fast.  That, and probably the stress of the day and the constant replay of how the conversation could have gone better.

I listened to music today while running, but I listened to Phedippidations before and after the run.  I'm nervous about my favorite podcast because it seems that Steverunner is rethinking his podcast and is going to make it less of "the Steverunner show."  I suppose a little less ranting about vaccinations would be good, but overall, I like "the Steverunner show."  I hope he keeps up the fun, interesting stuff and doesn't focus totally on the drudgery of running mechanics or training theory.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kelly....hang in there with the tough conversations.....you have lots of people around you to bounce ideas off of and get feedback....maybe use them to assist thinking things through. I hope Steverunner keeps going....it is good to have someone fun and realistic to listen to and motivate you on your runs....it is also an important part of your motivation and feedback and relaxing you as you go through your training. I think you are right, Steve would probably advise you about going out too fast. (probably initiated by the stress of the day) Sounds like grat timing to getting away and seeing LeeAnn.

    ReplyDelete