Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring is here!

What a beautiful weekend. I got a run in, but I ran on a trail . . . in the spring. . . in the mud, so it certainly isn't worth giving mile pace stats. I walked as much (or more) than I ran. But it was great to get out and enjoy spring.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Beth had her surgery. Most recently she notes that she is so happy with the improvement over the expanders. She even mentions how soft they are.  Ahhh, soft. I remember soft. Oh how I long for soft again. I've had enough of the bricks.

I was doing so much better because I wasn't hurting and I could run and even play volleyball . . .  so I thought all was okay for awhile. However, now that we're in springtime, I'm getting very impatient. My more summer-like clothes do much less covering of these huge melons and I think the skin around them is getting more pliable but the insides aren't.  The result is more tugging at the stitches. That doesn't cause lots of pain (yet) but it is annoying, mostly at night when trying to sleep. I can foresee a time when it will be a problem when running. I hope that doesn't come too soon before the Race for the Cure. I still plan to run it.

Come and run or walk with us! Tom Reeves joined and he is walking the distance. Thanks, Tom!  Ken and Jason will probably walk/run. Val may try to run or walk/run. I plan to run slowly. 

To join our team go to

http://columbus.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/CLM_ColumbusAffiliate?pg=team&fr_id=1644&team_id=128827

and click on the Join Team link as shown in the pic below.  The site isn't designed very well (my team would do a more intuitive design - kudos for Dan/Lyndsay/Corey/Brent/Keith!) but don't be discouraged by the design.  If you click on the Join Team link, it will walk you through the process to sign up and will automatically add you to our team, even though words on the sign up pages make it seem like you are signing up with no team.

You can also go to the team site to donate without walking/running.  Just click on a person's name or the Donate to the Team button to offer a contribution to this great cause.  Let's make this experience less tramatic for all the women who will go through this ordeal in the years to come . . . and for all the girls like Valerie who I hope will have better ways for clear detection.

No comments:

Post a Comment