Saturday, March 6, 2010

5 mile day

Today was quite a productive day.  Ken picked up the tile for the basement kitchenette backsplash. Ken, Jason, and I picked up the basement. I took Jason to his last basketball game of the season. Ken bought a really nice foldable table that seats 6. Ken and Val held a cookie booth sale at a local store and used the new table. I took Val to get a hair cut, where she sold another 18 boxes of cookies.  We drove around several neighborhoods looking for good subdivisions for my parents to live if they move here in the next 2-5 years.  And then I ran/walked 5 miles. 

I actually only ran 2 miles (again, the back got tight and forced me to walk earlier than I wanted to).  Then I walked/ran the 3rd mile, ran the 4th mile, and walked/ran the 5th mile.  The miles were 11:42, 11:17, 14:43, 10:32 and 13:57.  I was out for an hour and three minutes.  I'm tight now and need to do lots of stretching tonight. 

Since I made note of my weight loss working, it stopped doing so.  Jinxed it, I guess. It's hard to justify the cost/benefit analysis if you just look at the numbers on the scale. Is 3 pounds really worth all this crankiness and work and hunger?  Nope.  I know Mindy is saying - Kel, it's not about the numbers!  And I know she's right.  It's about being healthier which has long-term gains.  After all I've been through this year, you'd think I'd get it that being healthier all the time is so much better than heart disease or cancer or diabetes or whatever I will end up with as a result of carrying this extra weight and not having the aerobic conditioning or flexibility I need for longevity. See, I can write about it. Can I really believe it and buy in?  We'll see.

It was a beautiful day to day, by the way.  Sunny and in the 40s.  The kids played some catch with Ken (softball and baseball) while I was running. Val's bum ankle is in an aircast, but she's doing better.  Well, I'd better get in the shower and then help with dinner. I put a pork roast in the crock pot, but now we need to figure out what to go with it.

1 comment:

  1. You read my mind! Even though I say it's not about the numbers, I still check my weight too. It's one of those old habits... Just don't make it the only data point you use to determine your over all wellness! You are doing so awesome Kelly. don't beat yourself up with this! It's a marathon you are training for- not a sprint!

    ReplyDelete