Friday, March 26, 2010

Jason's night

Tonight was Mother/Son night at Jason's elementary school. The theme was "out of this world" and they showed Star Wars in the cafeteria, had dodge ball (meteor shower) in the gym, created hover crafts (a cds and balloon craft project), and played Saturn rings (toilet bowl toss) and bingo (no idea how that fits). 

They also encouraged us to "dress as your favorite alien."  I thought of Mork (Mork and Mindy) and that certainly dated me.  I figured the easy thing to do would be to dress as Darth Vader with my graduation robe and Jason's Darth mask from several Halloween's ago. However, I learned before going that Jason's friends' mothers weren't dressing up so I decided to skip that part so I'd be better at dodge ball. Jason dressed as an alien with a rubbery half-mask and red furry hands he got at a post-Halloween sale. He looked great and it was easy to take off for dodge ball.

It was fun hanging out with just Jason tonight. Val had a friend over and Ken took them to the movies (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) so they weren't home when Jason and I got back from our event. So we extended the mother/son night and played dominos for an hour. He loves dominos - and no wonder - he won every time, except for the two truce games.

I haven't run all week . . . not since last Saturday and then it was a short run/walk. I should have left work early today run in since it was such a nice day. I didn't. Maybe tomorrow? I should have time. But it's not always about the time, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment