Sunday, March 28, 2010

Perseverance

I tried to run today.  It was supposed to rain all day, but there was a sunny break at 3pm and it was so unexpected that I thought I'd go out to loosen up my legs.  I found it was my hips that were tight, the right one predominantly.  So I ended up doing just one mile at 11:04 and then I walked a half mile with varied strides to try to loosen up a bit. 

I spent the morning helping Jason with his homework project, the afternoon at the grocery store and Blockbuster, and the early evening watching parts of the kids' cartoon movie.  After the kids went to bed, I watched Adam, and it was great.  It was probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, but the trailers don't really do it justice.  I was really touched and inspired by Adam's courage and perseverance.  How he handled having Asperger's was inspiring and helped me realize that my plight is temporary and doesn't take near the courage as other diseases and syndromes that people deal with every day.

Today my issue is that the expanders are tugging a bit at the stitches and it's uncomfortable. I assume it's because of the long run yesterday. It's not affecting my motion or running or anything, it's just annoying.  I'm also feeling frustrated with my weight, sporadic activity level, and motivation. I'm starting a once-a-week yoga class for cancer survivors on Tuesday.  I'm one of the least flexible people you have ever met (it's true) and it affects my other activities frequently, so this should be good.  It's not as good as a daily class or 3 days a week, but it's certainly better than nothing.  Maybe added with my sporadic running, my body will behave like that of an active person. It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment