Thursday, February 4, 2010

Walking

I walked with Eunice again on Wed (about 40 minutes or so) and I couldn't keep up with her. She was probably walking a 15 minute mile pace and my shins were killing me. When we jogged across a street or something, they didn't hurt. There must be something different about walking fast that causes my shins to say "Hey, what's this new activity? We don't do this."

I had a chance to walk with Eunice again today but instead decided to walk all the way across campus for my 1pm meeting. I went from my office to the Fawcett Center (about 2 miles) carrying my shoulder bag with my portfolio and file folders in it. What I didn't plan on was my Fawcett Center meeting running late. I had to walk Eunice-like to Bricker Hall (1.3 miles) to make my next meeting. I got there at 2:30 on the dot.

Since I had meetings that ran past 3pm, I couldn't pick up the kids for swim team practice, but I decided that's probably a good thing. Val is really sore (core and legs mostly) from the past few days of practice and from running in gym, so it's probably good to give her a couple of days to recoup before the 2 day swim meet this weekend. However, because I didn't take them to swim team, I didn't get to run. All the walking will have to count for my exercise today.

And now for a word from my sponsors:
Hi everyone! It's Val!! My mom is awesome! She's a SURVIVOR! I got a new nickname in my class today: H2O Girl! Bye!

Hi everyone! It's Jason!! I'm awesome! I said that because I want you to remember that for a long time. We just went to Max and Erma's and I surprised Mom and Dad by using this sentence:  I'm such a glutton.  Remember, I'm only 8.  Yo. Peace. Out for now.
And I didn't even pay them to say all that. Well, I guess taking them out to eat at Max and Erma's might be construed as a bribe or form of payment . . . .  Val typed her own message. Jason dictated his. The story with the nickname is that Val wore a swim-theme t-shirt today declaring "H2O Girl" and the kids in her class started calling her that. She thought it was a pretty great nickname. I do too.

A wonderful thing happened today - I had an impromptu lunch with a bunch of work friends. I was headed out for my long walk and I figured I'd stop at Chipolte along the way. However, I caught up with a group who caught up with another group and pretty soon 8 of us were walking down High Street and headed to Eggfast.  I didn't even know this place existed - and it's just blocks from my office. The food was great - I had an egg, cheese, and turkey sausage burrito with chipolte sauce. Give it a try if you're in the area. I think they're open 24 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Careful...walking too fast to Eggfast may get you egghausted! : - ) Yeah, and speaking of nicknames....I was not so lucky to get a COOL nickname like Val....for awhile, I did not like showers, so they called me B.O. Boy (bath only) which did not work out too well. Then I wore too much brown, so they called me UPS Boy.... I thought I almost had a good one when I was able to swim 50 yards underwater, but they just called me "perpetually underwater" boy, abbreviated to P.U. Boy ..... Oh well.

    ReplyDelete