Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ran 5K today

We've dug out of our snow haven here and went to swim team practice today.  And I forced myself to run on the RPAC track again.  And, like most times, I feel much better for having done it. 

I kinda ran a 5K today.  I used the first 3 laps (1/8mi each) as a warm up and stopped the clock after each to do "prep" type stuff (stretch my calves, retie my shoes, realize I've tied them too tight and loosen them again).  Then I ran the rest of the 5K straight through with no stops and no water (I forgot my water bottle and didn't want to stop to go to the fountain).  Generally I'm pretty dependent on my water bottle and carry it with me when I run outside.  I even carried it through the 5K I ran for time (under 30 min) and the half marathon. Yes, I know they offer water along the way. I like my bottle.  Waaaaaa!

So today's miles were 11:10, 11:14, 11:02. The 5K was 34:35 with the last lap (1/8 mile) much faster than the previous 24. So I finished strong and then walked the rest of the 4th mile. 

Be sure to vote for the team name in the poll at the top/right of my blog home page. After you make your selections and click the Vote button, it takes a few seconds before the vote will register on the results. If your vote doesn't change the results right away, just navigate back and forth between "Vote on this poll" and "View the results" until you see your change.  I got some great team names suggested from my parents and  Jim so I added two new names to the list. Thanks for joining in on the naming game!

I also heard from Ken's sister, Michelle. She's going to join us in our run. Yea! Any other takers. Come on, you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment