Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow

We're getting much more snow this winter than usual.  Schools were closed again yesterday and today.

Ken stayed home with the kids yesterday. Since I had a full day of meetings, I went to work. Overnight we had just a dusting of snow but it was supposed to snow all day long - and it did.  The drive to work started at about 7am and took over 2 hours (instead of 30-40 min), even though there was very little snow. The drive home at 4:40pm took just 50 minutes after a full day of heavy snow. Crazy. I think people were worried about the weather and leaving work at different times throughout the day, so by the time I was headed out, it wasn't a "real" rush hour.

Today was a light meeting day for me because I was supposed to have a physical therapy appointment this morning. I cancelled that appointment and stayed home today. I got a lot of work done from here (probably more than I would have gotten done at work) and still had time to make chili and take 2 hours off to see the movie Tooth Fairy with the family. So we had a great day all around.

I'm not sure when I'll reschedule the physical therapy appointment. 

Since the kids didn't go to school, we didn't go to swim team Tues or Wed either. And so I didn't go to the gym. No exercise for what seems like weeks. I think I last ran on Saturday. Is that right? I don't know. It's pretty bad when you can't remember the last time you exercised! It does not bode well for the race in May.  The kids haven't started training at all yet.

I got an email from the Race for the Cure and they have a new website registration and fund raising system. I need to decide whether I'm running as an individual or as a team before I register. What do you think? Want to join me? If so, let me know and I'll definitely sign up as a team.

I've got a new poll at the top of my blog page - vote for the Race for the Cure team name!

2 comments:

  1. "Half Baked but Fully Cured", "Tenacity", "Kelly's Heros", "Loco Emotion", "Kelvaljken", "Catch Us Cause U Can", "2 Can But 4 Will", "Blood Sweat and Cheers", "Just Around the Corner", "Finishing in 30 Something", "Forget Them Not"..... etc. Have fun and enjoy the experience..... it will be a day you will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Val and I had our talk last fall, she asked me to run with you guys and I promised I would, so count me in!

    ReplyDelete