Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jason and I had great days

Jason had a great day at the mini-champ swim meet today. He beat all of his previous best times, some by quite a bit.  He also had a great attitude and worked hard today. Unfortunately, his Medley relay was disqualified for a 1 hand touch on the breaststroke. Jason swam the first leg (50 backstroke) and looked really, really good. He was ahead by more than half the pool when he finished. If he had swum like that yesterday, he would have placed higher in the 50 back, I'm sure.

8th out of 74 in the 25 Backstroke (improved 1.17 seconds and earned a ribbon)
15th in the 100 Freestyle (improved 2.06 seconds)
21st out of 65 in the 25 Butterfly (improved 4.05 seconds)
26th out of 74 in the 50 Freestyle (improved 1.62 seconds)

Before the swim meet, I got outside for a run today. I'm very glad I went out.  However, I certainly could tell that I am dieting. I didn't have near the stamina I usually have and was just plain out of gas through most of it. I ended up walking quite a bit off and on. I couldn't even run 2 miles non-stop. I started the walk/run thing at about 1.5 miles. To make up for the lack of constant running, I stayed out there longer than intended. My miles were 11:58, 12:43, 12:10, and 13:05. Then I walked another half mile to put the distance at 4.5 miles in an hour. My 5K was 37:49. Ouch. I'm not going to be too disappointed though. I'm glad I got out there and have been doing well at the weight loss thing, so all-in-all it was a good day for me too.

My family is also pulling for my grandmother to have a good day. She is in the hospital with a pretty bad case of pneumonia. We've kept up on her progress which seems to change daily. Yesterday she was doing great but today things are a little dicey again. Go Grandma!  Kick this thing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly....getting caught up on the blog. Great weekend of running and swim meet for Jason, although the news of your grandmother is tough. I have heard you talk about her before and she sounds like wonderful, inspiring woman. Ready for the Race for the Cure? Is yout team ready?......wish I was closer, I would love to run on your team. Instead, I will be running Boston for you, my sister, my neice, and my team captain at the medical center. Go Kelly and team.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,

    I am posting this comment to let you know that OhioHealth is interested in contacting you to participate in a blogger outreach event for the McConnell Heart Health Center. The event will take place on March 10, so please let me know if there is an email address that I can contact you with more details.

    If you have any questions you can reach me at BigRedsLodges@gmail.com. Big Red's Lodges is the name of the health-focused accomodations on the McConnell Heart Health Campus. You can learn more here: http://www.ohiohealth.com/healthyescape

    Thanks!

    Thomas Redmond
    Webbed Marketing (on behalf of OhioHealth)

    ReplyDelete