Sunday, October 24, 2010

Busy weekend

Happy birthday to Michelle Z and Lee Ann!

I ran on Thursday this week, but didn't get a chance to log it because of the mad dash to get the basement ready for carpet installation on Friday.  I ran while the kids were at swimming and had to force myself out there.  I really wasn't up for it, so I decided to do 30 minutes easy and outside.  I didn't realize it was incredibly windy and that half of the run would feel like running up a steep hill as I fought the wind.  Yeah, I know, I'm a wimp.  Anyway, on Thursday I put in 3.37 miles by running around the stadium 6 times.  I ran the 5K distance with the miles at 10:22, 10:13, and 9:48 and finished the 5K in 31:21.  Then I walked 5 minutes or so as a cool down.

Today I ran slower and longer.  I put in 5.32 miles with the run 3 minutes and walk 1 minute pattern throughout, except for the last mile in which I walked more.  My miles were 10:57, 11:06, 11:20, 11:15, and 11:42.  My legs were pretty sore and my hips tight toward the end.  I wore cushier shoes this time, though, so my feet didn't hurt.

As I was getting out of the shower after my run, I realized that I have to play 90 minutes of competitive volleyball tonight.  And we've been playing a 5:1 (5 hitters and 1 setter) with me as the setter.  So I'll be running like crazy all over the court.  Oh well, I need the exercise.

So we did get the basement floor completed this week.  We haven't gotten the furniture and such put back in place yet, though.  Yesterday I was shopping for a big TV stand/console for a big screen TV we don't have yet.  Ken is out researching the TVs today.  We'll be getting surround sound and a blue ray and I don't know what all else, too.  So it will take awhile to research before we pull the trigger.  We did decide on the furniture piece though.  Our TV stand/console should arrive in a couple of weeks.  We bought it discounted at American Freight.  I hope we can get all this stuff done before Thanksgiving.  We expect company and it would be great to watch the football games on our new system in our almost-done basement.

Yes, I know, we've been working on the basement for years and years.  Probably 13 years.  It's getting close now.  We just need trim/baseboards, some doors sanded, and finishing solutions for the stairs, stairway wall, and ceiling area there.

No comments:

Post a Comment