Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tight 7 miler

One week until the Poco Loco half marathon in Boston! 

I'm going to require some serious tapering this week or perhaps I will completely lay off running and try to repair.  My IT bands and hip flexors are incredibly tight and sore.  They are decreasing my mobility significantly.  At times during my run today, I was almost limping while doing a slow jog.  Not good.  I'm not really in pain, though, just uncomfortable and annoyed.  It's definitely a muscle thing, so I should heal fairly quickly, right?

Well, I got my run in today, but I did it slowly and with long, frequent walk breaks.  I put in 7 miles in 1:22 with splits at 11:02, 11:15, 11:27, 11:52, 11:28, 13:02, and 12:03. 

1 comment:

  1. Right. You will heal and once you see those other Poco Loco guys running and having fun, you will relax and do fine.....

    ReplyDelete