Sunday, May 1, 2011

Poco Loco Boston

What an incredible weekend in Boston at the Poco Loco!  A group of 16 runners got together to run a half marathon course around the Charles river and I was fortunate enough to be one of them.

I don't have time to write now since I just walked in the door, but I wanted to get a quick note posted tonight.  I'll write more later. 

The reason for the Poco Loco event was to get together with runners who know each other via social media (blogs, podcasts, twitter, facebook, etc.).  We had a meet-up on Friday night at a bar on Harvard Square, ran the course on Saturday morning/afternoon, and then went out for a dinner and post-run party on Saturday night. 

As for the run itself, I did very well.  The course ended up being a bit long, something like 13.7 miles and we stopped a lot, including a very long stop after about 7 miles where I went to my hotel room, washed the salt off my face, ate an energy bar, and refilled my waterbottle.  It was a very slow pace most of the run, but the last mile or so, I did in under 10 minutes, maybe under 9:30.  I didn't have my Garmin on (it was low on batteries), so I just asked others about pace and such.  A day later and I'm a little sore going down stairs, but other than that, I'm just fine.  Yea!

It was incredible to meet everyone and so many people inspired and impressed me. I want to write about them so look for a post very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment