Monday, September 12, 2011

Bat Mitzvah

I was able to squeeze a run in after Valerie's volleyball game and before it was completely dark.  I ran/walked 3.34 miles in under 40 minutes.  Runkeeper clocked my miles at 12:22, 10:22, 11:52.  I felt like I was moving quite a bit faster in the first mile and I'm certain the mile 1 alert was at least .1 if not .2 miles off the actual distance, so that may account for some of the time discrepancy.

Val and I attended our first Bat Mitzvah this weekend.  Val's friend, Samantha, did an incredible job.  I can't imagine how much study and practice was required for preparation, quite a lot!  Congratulations, Sam!  I thought the service was fascinating and very well done.  And I was teaing up through much of it.  I was so proud of her.

I had a little trouble with the eating plan on Saturday because we had lunch served after the Mat Mitzvah service and it was certainly not low-carb based.  I would have LOVED the spred if I could have had all those carbs, though. Darn!  I somehow got out of there with 5 carbs left for the rest of the day, so it was a tough afternoon and evening.  I ended up just 3 carbs over budget by the end of the night, which is pretty good considering where I was at 1pm.

I'm on day 8 of the low carb diet and doing fine.  I'm down 4 pounds.  It's funny how I don't crave bread at all, but I really want to be able to eat more nuts and have wine with cheese and crackers.  Not yet.  I'll get through induction and then get those back into the diet in a few weeks.  I don't want to blow the diet head-start process I'm going through now.  This is not the type of diet that can be cheated.  It's all in or don't do it at all.  Just watching carbs doesn't have the impact I'm looking for right now.  I'll get to the "just watching carbs" stage later, though.

And then we'll have a wine and cheese and cracker party!

No comments:

Post a Comment